President Ezra Taft Benson, "Jesus Christ—Gifts and Expectations"
Dec 10, 1974
I'll have more to say about this talk in future posts, but for now I wanted to point out how the Church and LDS people generally continue to incorporate more of the principles of Zion.
Here are a few of the principles of Zion that have been incorporated just since 1975:
- The Perpetual Education Fund
- Development of Just Serve
- Development of Family Search
- Development of Self Reliance Initiative
- Worldwide expansion of temples
- Worldwide expansion of missionary work
- Worldwide expansion of stakes
- Worldwide expansion of Book of Mormon translations
- Digital scriptures and other resources (millions of uses every month)
- Joseph Smith Papers (more accurate and complete understanding of Church history)
- Return to understanding of Book of Mormon covenant land
Let's each strive to "incorporate more of the principles of Zion" in our individual lives, in our wards and branches, in our respective organizations, in our respective callings, and in every other way.